Yesterday we started working on a plan for either actually doing something or getting out of here. Firstly, we have decided that it is time to switch to a g-tube. It's been a very difficult decision to make, but her ability to feed by mouth isn't improving, and NGs weren't really designed for long-term use. We don't have a surgery scheduled, but are hoping it will be sooner rather than later, as Abby seems increasingly uncomfortable. Secondly, the attending cardiologist this week thinks it's time they got an actual look at her heart via a catheterization. This will allow them to see how much of a problem the holes in her heart (specifically, the ASD and PDA) are causing and better inform the doctors on what meds she actually needs, instead of just guessing. The procedure isn't considered a surgery, but still requires anesthesia. Our cardiologist is hoping they can coordinate the cath with the g-tube placement, but pediatric surgery doesn't seem to like that idea. Not much happens around here on the weekends, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get the ball rolling. If they can get us in for either procedure this week, we'll stay; if not, we'll probably go home and come back.
*I will update once we have a clearer idea of what we're doing*
On a completely different note, Abby got to spend Halloween here, which turned out to be pretty fun. The hospital passed out toys, the staff dressed up, and one of the nurses made hats for the kids in this unit. I hadn't managed to get anything together for a costume before we were readmitted, but my mom made sure Abby was covered (with two outfits)! She made an absurdly adorable lamb (though I may be biased). :)