Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Welcome!


Hello out there friends and family, and welcome to our new journey into parenthood. So far this pregnancy has been anything but smooth, more often resembling a roller coaster ride or a trip through some white-water rapids, but we wanted to try to keep you up-to-date on what's happening and how we're doing.

Firstly, we are looking forward to the arrival of our little one with great anticipation and can't wait to see what God has in store for the three of us. I am due August 11, 2014 and we are having a little girl! We have decided our baby girl’s name will be Aberdeen Wren and have already started referring to her as Abby. We think it is a perfect fit for our baby bird. 

Secondly, we already know that in addition to the typical trials of parenting, Abby is going to have some hurdles to face upon entering this world (to be detailed in upcoming posts). Rather than trying to face them all on our own, we wanted to make sure that we included others in both our struggles and our triumphs. We have wonderful people in our lives, and we want to make sure that you all are a part of Abby's life as well.

Thirdly, some of this blog will probably take the form of letters I've been writing to Abby (hence the title).  I never really intended them to actually go to her, but it was easier for me to express what I was feeling to a person rather than just journaling, and who better to write them to than the person they're about.

I've really never blogged before, so this will be a learn-as-you-go kind of process.  I don't plan on paying a whole lot of attention to things like grammar and formatting (gasp!), but please bear with me!  I think that's all I have for right now, but will check back in soon, thank you for starting this journey with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment