Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nursery Crafting

I would not really describe myself as a "crafty" person.  I do not generally gravitate toward scrapbooking or creating little doo-dads and what-nots to adorn the house with.  However, when it came to decorating Abby's room, I liked the idea of personalizing it by making things myself.  It took a while for us to decide on a color scheme for the nursery, but I'm really happy with the yellow/white/gray motif we settled on!

The first project I undertook was a felt mobile.  I'd seen similar things on Pinterest, and figured I could probably make it happen.  I was so happy with how it turned out!



After that, I pretty much lost my mind.  I purchased way too much fabric and had to find ways of using it up!  Here's what it resulted in:

Closet Dividers:

Book Ends:

Embroidery Hoop Wall Art:

Fabric Flag Banner:
aaand throw pillows...

I can't imagine that this surge in craftiness will last past the completion of Abby's room, but it's really been fun while it's lasted!



No comments:

Post a Comment