I just wanted to provide a brief update as things have progressed since last week. Our cardiomyopathy docs at TCH met with the cardiothoracic (CT) surgeon, who agreed that Aberdeen's echo looked worse and it was time to do something. She will be presented to the surgical conference on Monday (this is not something we are present for, just a conference between the cardiologists and all of the surgeons) to determine if we move forward with the myectomy, the transplant evaluation, or both. If there is concern about whether or not the myectomy will be successful, they will probably recommend both. The eval itself would last multiple days and most likely require a blood transfusion following all of the necessary labs. This may be something they want to do immediately, or it may be something they wait to do while she's still inpatient post-myectomy. We just don't know yet.
Days at home have kind of been all over the place. During the mornings, Aberdeen seems like herself and isn't really showing any obvious symptoms. After her nap, however, something seems to flip - she becomes noticeably sweatier, despite always being in the highly air conditioned house and not being particularly active, her breathing sounds like trash, and she's puking every day again. Next morning, she seems like she's back to normal. It doesn't seem to fit with a classic heart failure presentation, but it isn't good either. We're glad TCH is moving things along, as it seems things may have been caught just in time.
Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. We're pretty stressed out, but trying to trust that everyone is working in Aberdeen's best interest.