Tuesday, July 29, 2014

38 Weeks!


As far as updates go, I don't have very much to report this week. Our MFM appointment was routine (even, dare I say, boring ;-)), and we're just taking things day by day. I've had lots of false labor contractions, but nothing to send us running to the hospital yet.

really wasn't sure what kind of response to expect after last week's very raw post, and I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone for the uplifting comments, texts, and emails. Reading through them was a very emotional experience, and I was truly touched by all of the support we received. Thank you all so so much.

This week I'm feeling more confident in my ability to be the mother that Aberdeen needs. I know that a lot of the fear and anxiety I've felt is closely tied to so much still being unknown. When we're only aware of a possibility of what we could be facing, it's easy for a worrier like me to fill in the blanks with what-ifs and worst-case scenarios. When I actually take a second to step back and look at the whole picture, instead of all the itty-bitty details and medical jargon, I feel much more assured that God has prepared us for whatever is about to come. 

These verses from Philippians were shared with me this week by a couple of incredibly strong ladies who've faced their fair share of challenges as mothers in the last few years. They really spoke to me and have been something I've appreciated being able to turn my focus toward:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV)

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment